HORSE BACK RIDING
Enjoy miles and miles of beautiful Wisconsin trails in the Kettle Moraine State Forest.
Our experienced Trail Guides will ensure you have a fun and safe experience while riding our horses.
- TRAIL RIDES -
1 Hour Ride - $40.00 Per Person
1.5 Hour Ride - $60.00 Per Person
2 Hour Ride - $80.00 Per Person
3 Hour Ride - $100.00 Per Person
-Must Have A Reservation-
- PONY RIDES -
10 Minutes - $10.00 Per Person
- HOURS -
We are open April - November
9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
(HOURS MAY VARY)
- NOTE -
* There is a $5.00 trail pass for anyone over the age of 16. This fee goes to the state of Wisconsin. You must bring cash for this.
We are a vendor for the Kettle Moraine State Forest, Trail Passes are sold to you by us.
* We only accept cash or checks.
*WI Sales Tax is included in price.
* Reservations are required.
* Prices are subject to change at any time.
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS -
1. Do I need to make a reservation for a horse back trail ride?
Yes, reservations are required. Please call us at 262-594-2122 to make a reservation.
2. How old do children have to be to go on a horse back trail ride?
Children have to be 8 years old.
Child must be able to hold on to the horses reins.
Pony rides are available for children 8 and under.
3. What should I wear to go horse back riding?
It is highly recommended that you wear pants and closed-toed shoes.
Flip-Flops are not good for riding.
Bug spray is also recommended.
4. Is there a weight limit to ride a horse?
Yes, our weight limit is 230 pounds.
No Exceptions, This is for the safety of our horses.
5. Do I have to wear a safety helmet?
Anyone under the age of 18 years old must wear safety helmets. This is our policy.
Anyone over the age of 18 do not have to wear helmets, but it is recommended.
We have safety helmets available for use at no charge.
You may bring your helmet to wear as long as it is a certified safety helmet.
6. Are we allowed to trot or run with the horses on our ride?
We only walk with our horses. Safety is our number one priority, and trotting is a huge liability. We work with kids and adults of all ages, many with learning or physical disabilities. Our horses are well-mannered, and they need to stay that way. Running or trotting with the horses can cause future misbehavior's. We want to ensure that all our guests have the best and safest experience at the ranch.
7. What form of payment do you take?
We only accept cash or checks.
Out of state checks are NOT accepted.
There is no ATM on site.
Please make sure you bring CASH for the $5.00 WI State Trail Fee Pass.
8. Can we tip our trail guide?
Absolutely, tips are very much appreciated by our staff.
9. Can we bring treats for the horses?
You are able to bring carrots or apples, however there may not be time for us to help you feed them.
If time permits we will help assist you in giving the horses treats.
Due to COVID-19- We are not allowing anyone to feed any of the Kettle Moraine Ranch animals or horses at this time.
10. Do you have other animals there?
Yes! We have a goose, 2 goats, a pig, 2 dogs, a mini horse and Cocoa who is our donkey.
8. Can we bring a picnic lunch?
Yes, we have picnic tables setup around the ranch that you may use. We do not serve food at the Kettle Moraine Ranch.