TRAIL RIDES & PONY RIDES
Enjoy miles and miles of beautiful Wisconsin trails in the Kettle Moraine State Forest.
Our experienced Trail Guides will ensure you have a fun and safe experience while riding our horses.
- TRAIL RIDES -
1 Hour Ride
$40.00 Per Person
1.5 Hour Ride
$60.00 Per Person
- PONY RIDES -
$10.00 Per Child
$15.00 Per Child
$20.00 Per Child
* Must Have A Reservation
(Please call for a reservation)
* PLEASE ARRIVE 20/30-MINS BEFORE YOUR RESERVATION TIME.
COVID- 19 SAFETY PROCEDURES OUR CLIENTS NEED TO FOLLOW
* If you have any signs of Covid-19 you are not allowed to horseback ride or be at the ranch.
* Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before entering Trail Ride Office.
* Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before your horse ride starts.
* Social distancing.
* Masks/Bandannas are not mandatory but recommended.
* If you have your own riding helmet please bring it with you to wear.
* If you want to pet any of the ranch’s animals please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before petting our animals.
* Our Horses & Animals should NOT be fed any treats.
* BE RESPECTFUL AND AWARE OF OTHERS DURING THIS TIME. PLEASE BE SAFE.
WHAT THE RANCH IS DOING FOR SAFETY
* Saddles will be wiped down with disinfectant spray after each horse ride.
* Safety helmets will be cleaned with disinfectant before and after each ride.
* Social distancing.
* Washing of hands or hand sanitizer before and after each horseback ride.
- TRAIL RIDE TIMES -
9:30 - 1 Hour Ride
11:00 - 1.5 Hour Ride
1:00 - 1 Hour Ride
2:30 - 1 Hour Ride
4:00 - 1 Hour Ride
- OPEN -
April 17th - November 1st
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS -
1. Do I need to make a reservation for a horse back trail ride?
Yes, reservations are required. Please call us at 262-594-2122 to make a reservation.
2. How old do children have to be to go on a horse back trail ride?
Children have to be 8 years old.
Child must be able to hold on to the horses reins.
Pony rides are available for children 8 and under.
3. What should I wear to go horse back riding?
It is highly recommended that you wear pants and closed-toed shoes.
Flip-Flops are not good for riding.
Bug spray is also recommended.
4. Is there a weight limit to ride a horse?
Yes, our weight limit is 230 pounds.
No Exceptions, This is for the safety of our horses.
5. Do I have to wear a safety helmet?
Anyone 17 years old or younger must wear safety helmets.
This is our policy.
Anyone over the age of 18 do not have to wear helmets, but it is recommended.
We have safety helmets available for use at no charge.
You may bring your helmet to wear as long as it is a "CERTIFIED" safety helmet.
6. What time should I arrive at the ranch for our Trail Ride?
Please arrive 20 -to- 30 minutes before your reservation time. This allows time for our staff to sign you up for your horse back ride, get fitted for helmets, bathroom stop, etc.
7. Are we allowed to trot or run with the horses on our ride?
We only walk with our horses. Safety is our number one priority, and trotting is a huge liability. We work with kids and adults of all ages, many with learning or physical disabilities. Our horses are well-mannered, and they need to stay that way. Running or trotting with the horses can cause future misbehavior's. We want to ensure that all our guests have the best and safest experience at the ranch.
8. What form of payment do you take?
We only accept cash or WI checks.
Out of state checks are NOT accepted.
There is no ATM on site.
Please make sure you bring CASH for the $5.00 WI State Trail Fee Pass.
9. Can we tip our trail guide?
Absolutely, tips are very much appreciated by our staff.
10. Can we bring treats for the horses?
You are able to bring carrots or apples, however there may not be time for us to help you feed them.
If time permits we will help assist you in giving the horses treats.
Due to COVID-19- We are not allowing anyone to feed any of the Kettle Moraine Ranch animals or horses at this time.
11. Do you have other animals there?
Yes! We have 2 goats, a pig, 2 dogs, 2 mini horses, rabbits, and Cocoa the donkey.
12. Can we bring a picnic lunch?
Yes, we have picnic tables setup around the ranch that you may use. We do not serve food at the Kettle Moraine Ranch.